Athletics Facilities

 

BARNETT ATHLETIC COMPLEX

The Moccasin softball, men's and women's soccer, and men's and women's lacrosse teams will have a new home on campus for the 2017-18 season. The multi-million dollar Barnett Athletic Complex was announced on Nov. 4, 2016, which will include a softball stadium to be known as the Chris Bellotto Field in honor of the long-time Mocs' coach, as well as a soccer/lacrosse stadium. Both stadiums will have air-conditioned press boxes while a concession stand and new restrooms will be added as well. View construction photos.

 

JUDY AND JOE P. RUTHVEN BEACH VOLLEYBALL COURTS

Florida Southern's newest NCAA-sponsored sport, women's beach volleyball, will begin play in the spring of 2018 at the brand-new Judy and Joe P. Ruthven Beach Volleyball Courts. The three-court facility, located in the Greek Quad on FSC's campus, was built during the summer of 2017 and officially dedicated on Oct. 26, 2017 in a ceremony attended by Mr. and Mrs. Ruthven, Florida Southern president Dr. Anne B. Kerr, the Florida Southern College Board of Trustees, college staff, students and other special guests.


HENLEY FIELD

Henley Field is home to the Moccasin baseball team. The stadium was named for Clare "Doc" Henley, president of the Lakeland Baseball Club, who helped bring the Detroit Tigers to Lakeland for Spring Training beginning in 1934. Opened in 1923, Henley Field, was the Spring Training home of the Tigers until 1966. The ballpark, which seats 1,000, was upgraded in 2002. A new baseball clubhouse, funded by David Jenkins, opened in 2013. The field is just minutes from FSC's campus. In 2002 and 2016, Henley Field served as the home stadium for the Class-A Lakeland Tigers while Joker Marchant Stadium underwent renovations.


NINA B. HOLLIS WELLNESS CENTER POOL

This heated, eight-lane, 25-yard competition pool is the home of the Moccasins men's and women's swim teams. The pool opened in 1997 as part of the Nina B. Hollis Wellness Center. The center is named for the mother of Marjorie Roberts, who serves on the Board of Trustees at Florida Southern.


 GEORGE W. JENKINS FIELD HOUSE

Home to the men's and women's basketball teams and the Moccasin volleyball team, Jenkins Field House opened its doors in December 1965. New bleachers were installed in 2011 allowing seating for 1,800, including seat backs for 600, while the lobby underwent extensive renovation in 2012. The field house is named for the late George W. Jenkins, founder of Publix Supermarkets and a former Moccasin booster.



THE WYNEE WARDEN TENNIS CENTER

This Wynee Warden Tennis Center was dedicated in the fall of 2012 with tennis legend Chris Evert on hand to help christen the facility. The center houses 10 U.S. Open style courts with dual grandstand seating for 400. Home to the men's and women's tennis teams, the center was named for Wynee Warden, a longtime benefactor of Florida Southern College.