|High School:||Santa Fe HS (College of Central Florida)|
|Major:||Human Movement & Performance|
|Gamer:||Santa Fe HS (College of Central Florida)|
AWARDS AND HONORS:
2014 (Sophomore at College of Central Florida): First Team All-Mid-Florida Conference… 2013 (Freshman at Polk State College): FCSAA Second Team All-State… First Team All-Suncoast Conference… Gulf District All-Tournament Team… Selected as Polk State’s Most Valuable Pitcher.
Returning starter in the pitcher’s circle where she made a total of 23 appearances as junior… Including her junior college career, has put together a 41-28 record over the last three years with a total of 85 appearances and 421.2 innings.
Junior season highlights (2015)
- Second on the team in appearances (23), innings pitched (78.0), and complete games (4)... In addition to making 11 starts, was third in the Sunshine State Conference with 12 relief appearances
- Won her Florida Southern debut by pitching a complete game to start the season with a 6-3 victory over West Florida in the Eckerd College Invitational (Feb. 6)… Allowed two earned runs on six hits with six strikeouts and two walks in that game
- Also picked up a 5-2 complete game win over Montevallo with a nearly identical stat line of two earned runs, six hits allowed, six strikeouts and three walks (Feb. 21)
- Her third win of the season came with 2.0 scoreless innings of relief against Lynn as the Mocs rallied from a 6-2 deficit to defeat the Knights 7-6 (March 14)
- Three of her six losses the second half off the season occurred in games in which she allowed only two earned runs in at least 6.2 innings of work
- Notched her only save with 3.0 scoreless innings in a 6-1 victory over Lindenwood (MO) at the Eckerd College Invitational (Feb. 8)… Also had 4.0 innings of scoreless relief at Rollins in which she allowed only one hit and one walk (April 18)
- Had her season high of six strikeouts in the wins over West Florida (Feb. 6) and Montevallo (Feb. 21)
In junior college (2013-14)… Compiled a 38-18 record in two junior college seasons with a 1.69 ERA and 332 strikeouts in 343.2 innings… Made a total of 62 appearances in the pitcher’s circle… Played in the NJCAA Division I National Tournament as a sophomore with the College of Central Florida… Helped her two teams go 90-35 in two seasons and led College of Central Florida (2014) and Polk State College (2013) in wins during both seasons… Played at the College of Central Florida as a sophomore for head coach Kevin Fagan, helping the Patriots finish as the NJCAA Division I national runner-up, put together a 43-15 record, and advance to the National Tournament for the first time in team history… Posted an individual record of 20-7 with one save, a 1.67 ERA, and 131 strikeouts with 47 walks in 150.2 innings… Had 11 complete games and four shutouts… Averaged 6.09 strikeouts per seven innings… Won the first of the two championship games at the NJCAA National Finals with a complete game 6-2 victory over Angelina College (Texas), ending a 15-game winning streak by the Roadrunners… As a freshman, played at Polk State College for head coach Jeff Ellis and helped the Eagles go 42-20 and finish as the Suncoast Conference champions and Gulf District Tournament runner-up… Posted an 18-11 record with one save, striking out 201 and walking 54 in 193.0 innings… Had 26 complete games and nine shutouts… Ranked 17th in the country in strikeouts and eighth in shutouts… Tied the school record for strikeouts in a game with 14 in the Eagles’ 8-3 win over St. John’s River State on February 16, 2013… Had five games with double-digit strikeouts, including the 14 against St. John’s River State, as 12 in a 5-inning game vs. Riverland CC (Minn.) on March 16… Averaged 7.29 strikeouts per seven innings… Pitched a no-hitter against Oakland CC (Mich.) on February 27, striking out seven and walking one… Retired the first 19 batters of that game... Dean’s List student at Polk State and an honor roll student at College of Central Florida.
In high school… 2012 graduate of Santa Fe High School in Alachua where she was a 4-year letter winner for coach Gene Findley… In her last two seasons, went 8-4 with a 1.57 ERA and struck out 108 batters in 76.0 innings… Won the Coach’s Award as a senior when she helped the Raiders go 16-9… Played travel ball for the Santa Fe Inferno from 2006-09 and from 2011-13 where she was coached by her father, Bob… Played for Florida Select from 2009-10… Won a state championship in 2009 and played in three national tournaments (2009, 2011, and 2012)… Personal… Daughter of Bob and Laura Bowen… Has one younger sister (Courtney-18)… Born 2/19/94… Mentions the Boston Red Sox as her favorite pro sports team… Human Movement & Performance major.