MELBOURNE, Fla. - Six top-five finishes, including one relay win, helped Florida Southern College women's swimming record 249 points on the third and final day of the Panther Invite to finish second with 462 total points during the three-day meet at the Panther Aquatic Center. The Moccasins won the 400-yard freestyle relay, and had two top-four finishes in the 200-yard backstroke.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kyra Fraser led the Mocs with a win in the 200-yard backstroke by recording a time of 2:05.37, while teammate Lanier Whitton finished third with a time of 2:08.88.
- Malin Wallen took second in the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 52.66.
- Sandra Miclaus took third in the 100-yard butterfly with a time of 2:09.68.
- The Florida Southern team of Morgan Misenar, Mallary Meyer, Tianna Kosek, and Wallen won the 400-yard freestyle relay in a time of 3:31.55, edging out Florida Tech (3:31.68)
- Misener finished fourth in the grueling 1,650-yard freestyle with a time of 17:47.55.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Fraser and Whitton each bested their previous top times of the year by more than four seconds each.
- In all, the Mocs had 13 top-10 finishes on the day.
- Florida Southern will close out the calendar year at the Spartan Invite in Clearwater from Dec. 16-19.