LAKELAND, FLA. – The Florida Southern women's swimming team dropped its penultimate home meet against 10x defending Division III national champion No. 2 Emory at the Nina B. Hollis Wellness Center Pool on Friday evening, 134-52.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Freshman Annalise Eisold was the sole winner on the day for the Mocs, capturing the 200-breast in 2:33.48.
- Freshman Danielle Williams took second place in the 50-free (25.02) and close behind her in third place was fellow classmate Tianna Kosek (25.31).
- Senior Malin Wallen finished second in the 200-IM (2:10.58).
- Other third-place finishers included sophomore Erin McCann (1000-free/10:59.60) and senior Kyra Fraser (200-back/2:10.94).
- The Mocs 400-free A relay finished first with a 3:42.56 time.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Mocs captured second and third place in the 50-free, with Williams and Kosek doing the trick.
The Mocs will honor their six seniors prior to Saturday's meet against Sunshine State foe No. 6 Nova Southeastern at 11:00 a.m. Florida Southern will close out the regular season with a dual meet at Indian River State College (Jan. 24) before heading to Clearwater, Fla. for the 2020 SSC Championship meet (Feb. 13-16).