LAKELAND, FLA. – The Florida Southern women's swimming team was defeated at home on Saturday afternoon by No. 6 Nova Southeastern in the final home meet of the season, 182.5-73.5. The Mocs celebrated their six seniors during a pre-meet ceremony at the Nina B. Hollis Wellness Center Pool. The seniors honored were Kyra Fraser, Amanda Giannattasio, Allison Greenwood, Madelyn Snodgrass, Mallary Meyer, and Malin Wallen.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore Erin McCann was the fist Moccasin to medal individually on the day as she finished third in the 1000-free in 10:59.68.
- Wallen and NSU's Emma Sundstedt both hit the touchpad at the same exact time for a tie for second place in the 200-free by a time of 1:57.77. Wallen also finished second in the 200-IM (2:11.29) and third in the 100-free 54.27.
- The Mocs took second and third place in the 200-back, 500-free, and the 400-free relay.
- Freshman Annalise Eisold claimed second-place in the 200-back (2:32.81).
- Freshman Tianna Kosek was third in both the 50-free (25.04) and the 500-free (5:28.66).
- Freshman Emily Drabick finished second in the 200-back (2:31.30).
- Junior Kimmy Chang took home the silver in the 100-fly (59.62).
- The Mocs 400-free relays finished second (A/3:45.73) and third (B/3:46.79).
Florida Southern will close out the regular season with a dual meet at Indian River State College (Jan. 24) before heading to Clearwater, Fla. for the 2020 SSC Championship meet (Feb. 13-16).