DELAND, Fla. – Florida Southern College women's tennis battled the Sharks of Nova Southeastern on Saturday afternoon at the Stetson Rec Courts as the Moccasins continued action at the Hatter Invitational. The Moccasins will finish the competition on Sunday with an afternoon matchup against Stetson.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Minnie Kim earned a close 7-5 first set over Danny Obando before winning her flight with a 6-2 second set.
- Laura Vetter dominated in her flight with a 6-2, 6-1 final over Diane Follin.
- Lola Asis battled back from a 1-6 first set with a 7-6 second set before falling in set three to Celia Moneno by a 10-7 tiebreaker.
- Magda Stepnik fell 7-6 in set one to Sara Wartenburg before dropping the second set, 6-1.
- Mathilda Vidgren earned a 7-5 first set while Caitlin Khan returned the favor with a 7-5 second set. Vidgren fell in the tiebreaker, 10-7.
- Gabby Hesse dominate in her singles flight with a 6-2, 6-0 victory over Ivana Djordjeviv.
- Wardenburg and Espinal defeated Kim and Vetter, 6-4.
- Obando and Lawrey earned the second 6-4 doubles victory for the Sharks in their flight victory over Stepnik and Asis.
- Vidgren and Hesse persevered in their doubles flight with a 7-6 (3) victory over Khan and Djordjevic.
- Southern will take on host Stetson at 2 p.m. on Sunday at the Mandy Stoll Tennis Center in their final round-robin match.